8 minutes to read
Sincere Gratitude + Exciting Plans for 2022
Disclaimer: This post contains information and links about products from one or more of our sponsors. RN2writer makes money any time you click one of these links and then make a purchase. To read our full Advertising & Affiliate Disclaimer, click here.
When I launched RN2writer in September of 2019, I set an ambitious goal: I wanted to build this into a million-dollar company over the course of 10 years.
I say “ambitious,” but, honestly, I thought this goal was reasonable. I felt with hard work and dedication, I definitely could grow this business steadily over the coming decade, until I retired and (with luck) left it in someone else’s capable hands to continue the journey.
But you, dear nurses, had other ideas.
Your enthusiastic embrace of RN2writer propelled this business up like a rocket. Your support has so greatly accelerated our success that I’m here to tell you – in disbelief – that we surpassed $1 million in revenue this week.
Not in 10 years. In 23 months.
I’m nearly speechless. I truly had no idea how fast this business would achieve success – and it’s all because of YOU.
Words can’t begin to express my gratitude to each of you who has…
- Purchased my ebook
- Purchased a course
- Read the blog
- Watched The RN2writer Show on YouTube
- Listened to the show on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
- Followed us on social media
- Purchased a coaching program
- Participated in the Success Society
And while, yes, it’s wonderful to talk about money as a metric of success, it’s easier for me to think about this in terms of the nurses we’ve served, because our mission is all about that.
Over the past 11 months alone, we’ve helped:
- 30,000 nurses to discover the best-kept secret career in nursing: freelance writing
- 2,000 nurses to learn health journalism to launch their writing careers
- 200 nurses to learn content marketing writing to propel their burgeoning careers forward
- 20+ nurses to understand the business of freelancing through private coaching
And we’re just getting started!
Is there still room for me?
If all these stats leave you wondering: Is there still room for me? Or has RN2writer now created a glut of nurse writers, so that I’ve missed out on the ground floor opportunity of this? Story of my life!!
Fear not! There’s room for so many more nurses in this wonderful profession!
As you know, the nursing shortage has been dragging on for years, with no end in sight. Nursing schools can’t graduate students fast enough to fill the void at the bedside.
It’s a similar situation in health writing.
Each year, more and more healthcare clients seek more and more clinicians to write their ever-expanding list of content initiatives. Not only are there not enough nurses in the writing industry to fill this void right now, but the demand for nurse writers keeps growing year after year.
Don’t believe me? That’s OK. I appreciate skepticism.
Then listen to what marketing mogul Marna Palmer of content giant studioID had to say about this issue on The RN2writer Show. In fact, when I asked her about a potential “glut” of nurse writers, she literally laughed.
Not only do we have room for YOU to become a writer, but there will be plenty of work to go around for decades to come. You have not missed out!
What’s next for RN2writer
In fact, NOW is the perfect time to hop aboard the RN2writer train, because your exceptional support over the past year has enabled us to plan some very exciting new initiatives for 2022 to help even more nurses achieve their dream of becoming a professional writer. Here’s what you can look forward to from us next year:
- A new, robust (but still free) blog called RN2writer Daily, where you can stay up-to-date on writing industry news, get helpful tips and advice for growing your career, read reviews of popular products, learn about upcoming conferences, and much, much more.
- Additional courses authored by other clinicians to offer you a well-rounded suite of options beyond the types of writing I, personally, am qualified to teach. For example, soon we’ll be launching a medical editing course designed by my friend Meredith Gordon LCSW. We also plan to add an essay writing course/workshop and other coaching programs designed to help you design your dream career as a writer, whether that involves health journalism, content marketing writing, or something else.
- RN2writer merchandise you can wear to show your pride in being a professional nurse writer!
- RN2writer LIVE events, where you can tune in and ask me anything
And that’s just a sampling of what we have in store for you for 2022.
YOU make all of this possible. YOU make it possible for us to expand our reach beyond our wildest imaginings. YOU carry the mission of RN2writer forward: to see nurse-created content become the standard for excellence in healthcare communications.
And I’m so grateful to each and every one of you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
I can’t wait to work with many more of you in 2022!